Wednesday, May 25, 2005

 













Jamie and Laila.

Laila is typical of the women in our program--she works multiple jobs, as the Kabul program manager for Bpeace and Women for Afghan Women, while also running a jewelry store with her husband.

From Business Week: "I want to empower my economy. I don't have a house in Kabul. I need a house for my children so that they will have a good future," she says. To that end, Laila hopes to increase her business by opening up a number of shops in Kabul and in the other provinces, as well as to export internationally. "I want to have a store at the Kabul airport," she says. She also intends to open up a jewelry-making school in order to create more jobs and business.

Comments:
Hi
Agenda:@bdel_laila
as to make the relationshep between bloggers deeper
participate to maximaise the number of blogger's addres
i will be so glad if you fill the fiche at www.islamkarim.blogspot.com
think you and have a nice day
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?